I’m heading to New York this weekend! While the destination brings its own excitement, I have plenty of other reasons to be psyched for this trip.
- I’m traveling solo, no kids, no husband. As a mother of three, I can tell you the plane ride itself will be a treat.
- I’m visiting my brother and sister in law, who grew up in New York. I’ve only visited Manhattan as a tourist, so I’m really excited to see the city with her for a more authentic experience.
- Did I mention the kids won’t be with me?
- I’m an obsessive weather checker, and it looks like it will be a beautiful weekend!
- Packing! Normally my suitcase is filled up with everything every child needs, plus an extra. I have valuable suitcase space all to myself and I fully plan on utilizing it.
Here is what I am packing for the trip. Some casual items for day time and more dressy items for the evenings. Needed to give myself a reality check as I was packing, as much as I want to dress as the fashionable New Yorker, my feet cannot handle that. So, comfortable flats it is. All of these are items have been in my closet for quite some time, but I have linked some similar items for you.
Those who have been to New York recently, any suggestions of where to shop or what to see? I’ll share more about my trip when I get back!